With more time on our hands, comes more time for self-care! All those pampering DIY spa treatments you’ve bookmarked for later – now’s the time to give them a go! Transform your home into a luxury spa and soak it up with some elegant, essential-oil infused bath salts! The best part? These lavish salts are just as easy to make as they are to use! Ditch those boring store-bought versions and boost your homemade bath salt blends by adding your own signature scent and even some extra decorations to the mix.
Follow this DIY guide to create your own customized bath salts and prep yourself for a dip into luxury!
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil
- Glass bottle or jar with a lid
- Natural food or soap colouring
- Flower petals, citrus zest or glitter
… if you choose!
- Place sea salt, Epsom salt and baking soda in a glass bowl.
- Mix 25 drops of essential oil and food or soap colouring (if you choose) into the bowl. See blend recipes below.
- Add something extra, if you choose – dried flower petals, citrus zest or even glitter! Get creative!
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or bottle and seal with a tight lid. Keep on hand for your next luxurious bath!
Soak it up!
Add up to ¾ cup of your customized bath salts to steamy bathwater and let the magic happen!
#YLTip: Worried about putting herbs or citrus zest in your bath salts? Don’t fret! Salt is a natural preservative that keeps these ingredients fresh for up to thirty days. After you combine the salts with herbs or zest, let the mixture dry for 24 hours before sealing with a lid.
Or try one of our own bath salt recipes!
Get on the fast track to a deluxe pampering session! Try any of the recipes below and enjoy an essential oil-infused, at-home spa!
Add a little something extra: Dried lavender petals.
Add a little something extra: Cosmetic-grade glitter.
Add a little something extra: Fresh citrus zest. We like lemon, lime or orange!
- 25 drops PanAway® essential oil
Add a little something extra: Color variation—separate bath salts into three bowls. Add 1 drop of blue food coloring to one bowl, 3 drops to the second bowl and 5 drops to the third bowl. Mix the bath salts together for a colourful blue blend!
Add a little something extra: Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped or shredded in your food processor or blender.
Which of these fancy bath salts are you most excited to try? Tell us in the comments!