We express love for others in our own unique way, and each have a unique way of loving ourselves too! Self-care is essential to self-love – it’s how we show up for ourselves, listen to our needs and honour them.
We’ve gathered some of our favourite ways to squash stress, inspire happiness and improve whole-life wellness. Try these self-care practices daily, weekly – as often as you need – to connect more deeply to yourself, and the greater world around you.
1. The gift of time
A rushed morning means less time to ready yourself for the day ahead. What are your priorities, what are you looking forward to? Wake up a few minutes early to skip the rush and clear your mind!
This time is yours. Savour those morning sips, set those goals or pamper yourself – and your locks – with Mirah Lustrous Hair Oil!
- Apply a pea-sized amount to dry or damp hair.
- Smooth through hair, starting at the ends.
- Style or leave natural.
- Reveal sleeker, shinier, softer hair!
#YLTip: Reach for the Relaxing Head Massager for a happier head of hair! Release tension, exfoliate, increase circulation and improve absorption of hair products. Use in or out of the shower!
2. Gratitude & good vibes
Start the day on a bright note! Add drops of inspiration to your diffuser and count your blessings to kickstart positive thought patterns.
3. Moments for movement
Just 10 minutes of gentle movement reduces stress and boosts physical and mental energy.
Did you know? Black Pepper is a registered natural health product that relieves joint and muscle pain, digestive discomfort, headache and symptoms of cold and cough!
Need pre-workout motivation or post-workout comfort? Roll-on this spicy and soothing Black Pepper blend!
Combine oils in a 10 ml roller bottle, top with V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil, seal and apply.
4. Just breathe
Notice your stress heightening throughout the day? Take a break to check in and just breathe!
Whether prayer, meditation or simple quiet time is your practice of choice, pair it with grounding Ylang Ylang to help you let it all go!
- Add a diluted drop of Ylang Ylang to your palm.
- Rub palms together and cup hands over your nose.
- Take ten slow, deep breaths.
5. Nurture yourself
Taking a bedtime bath is a surefire way to unwind and wash the stresses of the day away! Warm up your body, relax your mind and wind down for a restful night.
- Carve out time. (Netflix and social media can wait!)
- Set the scene: Fill the bath with warm water and grab your towel, robe and pajamas.
- Toss a Relaxing Bath Bomb into the tub.
- Step in, soak and relax! Stay for at least 15 minutes.
- When your bath feels complete, dry off and apply Rose Ointment – ideally while your pores are still open – for deeply hydrated skin.
Be flexible with your self-care routine. Life happens and that’s ok! Be kind to yourself and know that every little moment of self-care counts.
Discover self-care essentials you’ll love in this month’s PV rewards! Learn more.
What is one self-care practice you can’t live without? Share in the comments below!