Using beautiful terra-cotta, these DIY essential oil ornament diffusers bring in a touch of nature to your décor and gift-giving, and we love that you can customize this activity for Christmas to any special event you’re celebrating. Caregivers and kids alike can get in on the fun of this easy craft that makes a perfect gift or DIY holiday décor—just complement it with your favorite holiday essential oil!
- Terra-cotta air-dry clay
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Holiday cookie cutters
- Stamps for ceramics or clay
- Bamboo skewer
- Ribbon, twine, or other decorative string
- Essential oils—Christmas Spirit™, Cinnamon Bark, Frankincense, Pine, Clove, and Orange are great holiday oils!
- Spread out a length of parchment paper.
- Roll the clay out until you’re satisfied with the thickness; we recommend ⅓ inch or thicker.
- Cut the clay with cookie cutters.
- Use stamps to make designs and oil wells in the ornaments.
- Use the skewer to carefully poke holes through the ornaments to thread ribbon for hanging.
- Let the ornaments air dry for 48 hours.
- Thread the ribbon through the hole, add essential oil to the well and allow it to soak in, and then hang!